Mindfulness Workshop helps with negative thinking leading to emotional distress. Next 9-week workshop begins Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
This in-depth learning experience teaches core mindfulness skills. The workshop combines mindfulness-based practice with cognitive-behavioral treatment (CBT) so that participants can gain control over their negative thoughts. We have great reviews.
Each participant meets individually with the teacher, before enrolling, so that we understand your individual needs.
Call 917-202-5148, or e-mail any questions.
Mindfulness Based -Cognitive Therapy is evidence-based. We do not say this lightly. It is perhaps the most researched new treatment for people with emotional distress and negative thinking in the past 15 years. The evidence for the effectiveness of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MB-CT) is very strong. You can have a look at the research at MBCT.com
The workshop includes:
- 8-Week workshop – meeting weekly on Tuesday mornings or evenings.
- Learning materials – you get unlimited access to 14 guided mindfulness meditations that are the backbone of the workshop. Also, each week you get a small packet of learning materials to study. We keep the readings compact, so that the concepts are clear.
- The day of practice – the group meets once on a weekend day for extended practice, in order to deepen your skills and experience of mindfulness.
- Follow-Up class – we include a 2-hour session one month after the 8-week workshop. Graduates will find this helpful because beginning to practice without group support is sometimes challenging.
- 4 Boosters – we include 4 Booster sessions in addition to the 8 weekly sessions, the Day of Mindfulness and the Follow-up class. These 90-minute sessions are scheduled quarterly.
When and where?
Morning Workshop meets 9-11 am
Evening Workshop meets 6:45 – 9:15 pm
We meet at 280 Park Avenue South, at the corner of 22nd Street in Manhattan’s Flatiron area.
Call 917-202-5148, or send the Contact form with any questions.
- 8 Weekly sessions, all learning materials, Day of Mindfulness, Follow-up session, 4 Booster sessions.
- Tuesday mornings 9-11 am or Tuesday evenings 6:45 – 9:15 pm – in Flatiron – Workshop starts January 16, ends March 6.
- $150 deposit when Individual meeting is scheduled. This covers the cost of the individual meeting.
- Workshop fee: $700 mornings, $800 evenings. This is a medical-mental health expense.
- Limited financial aid available.
- Refunds: Intake fully refundable until 2 days before Individual appointment. Workshop fully refundable until 14 days before start of workshop.
- Enrollment is limited to 11 in the morning and 11 in the evening – call now to reserve your seat.
If you are ready to enroll, or have questions, call 917-202-5148 or send the Contact form.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Read reviews by participants. (We’ve taught this for 10 years)